My name is Guillaume B
*****. You can check here a fast list about what I’ve been doing all these years since late highschool :
- Since Oct. 2012 : Societe.com, Systems administrator, DevOps, R&D
- Nov. 2010 to Oct. 2012: Societe.com, R&D engineer
- April 2009 to Oct. 2010: Winwise (SSII, Microsoft.Net certification affiliate gold)
- March 2005 to March 2009: Baobaz (Web Agency), .NET engineer (C#, ASP.Net)
- Nov. 2004 to Feb. 2005: Planaxis France (SSII), Coder engineer (ASP and COM/COM+ Objects)
- July 2003 to Oct. 2004: French Internet bubble crisis 2001/2003, but I learned a few things:
- Perl, Mono, C, GTK+, created my own distro using Linux From Scratch BSD starting scripts
- April 1999 to June 2003: Fi System (SSII) bought out previous company, Coder engineer (ASP, ColdFusion)
- Nov. 1998 to March 1999: InFine Conseil (SSII), Coder and analyst (C, AIX, Sun)
- July 1998 to Oct. 1998: Illico (SSII), Coder and analyst (Cobol, let’s pretend ’not')
- April 1998 to June 1998: Banque Sofinco, Coder and analyst, End of college stage (VB6, Access)
- Sept. 1996 to June 1998: I.U.T d’Orsay, Paris XI University, D.U.T. Informatique (Systems and networks)
- June 1996: Lycée J.B. Corot, Savigny-sur-Orge ,Scientific Baccalauréat (Math speciality)
One could think my progression has been a bit erratic: from C language to ASP (because I had VB notions), a bit of ColdFusion, ASP.NET because C# was attractive and leading technology at that time. But Clearly, my first love was C so that’s why I left the Microsoft world for FreeBSD, with the really appreciated help of my long run best friend.
One thing among all these: I’ve almost always tried to keep in my a concept during my progression, KISS!: Keep It Simple, Stupid! Recently (re)discovered Go language, it is quite opinionated but really nice to use.
Informations gathered in this website, and especially opinions with the “Personal” label are the sole responsability of me.